Neuschwanstein Castle is located in Germany and is one of the top tourist destinations in the world. The famous castle was commissioned in 1868 by King Ludwig II of Bavaria.
Facts About Neuschwanstein Castle You Probably Didn’t Know
- How Tall is Neuschwanstein Castle? The castle’s highest tower is about 213 feet.
- Why was the castle built? King Ludwig II’s desire was to rebuild the old castle ruin of Hohenschwangau. So he did it in such a way that, it will look very beautiful than the former which he will live in.
- When Is The Best Time To Visit Neuschwanstein? There is no specific time period to visit the castle as it is always been trooped by visitors all the time. However, for the sake of long queues, it is good to visit early or during the weekends.
What Are Some Of The Things To Expect in Neuschwanstein?
There are several reasons Neuschwanstein castle is very famous and visited by many. Let us look at a few.
- There are currently 14 rooms completed and open to the public. Some of the rooms to see include the throne room, the King’s bedroom, singer’s hall, etc.
- The King’s dressing room is also well designed with beautiful ceiling paintings and crafted with the works of poets Walther von der Vogelweide and Hans Sachs. The whole room is also embodied in gold.
- The surroundings of the castle are also very beautiful. There is also a bridge and a waterfall in the castle you cannot afford to miss.
How Do You Get to Neuschwanstein Castle?
There are many mediums to take if you want to visit Neuschwanstein Castle. You can join a tour group or take public transport like bus or train. If you are traveling from Munich, Neuschwanstein is just two hours away by car.
Now, before reaching Neuschwanstein, all tourists will land in Hohenschwangau. There are a lot of other special places to visit here too. There are museums of the Bavarian Kings and other special places. From here, tourists can then travel either by foot, or horse or sometimes shuttle bus to the famous castle.