Traveling by air is one of the safest in terms of transportation and very fast. Air transportation is supposed to be very fast. Imagine traveling from South Africa by car to the United States. That’s surely not going to happen. However, even with flights, there are those with the longest flights. If you planning on traveling, then check out the top longest flights in the world before you do.
What Make Some Flights Take Longer Than Usual?
Sometimes, some factors cause a flight to take longer than usual. Some of them are
- Poor weather conditions.
- Technical issues with the airplane.
- New or unknown Routes to pilots.
Now, let us look at some of the longest flights in the world which may be alien to you. Read on.
- New York City (JFK) – Singapore (SIN): From New York City to Singapore covers a total distance of about 9,537 miles. This flight journey is almost closer to a day. Travelers will have to spend about 18 hours and 40 minutes.
- Auckland (AKL) – Doha (DOH): The next on the list is from Auckland to Doha. The distance between these two places is about 9,032 miles. This means travelers will have to spend about 18 hours and some minutes.
- Perth (PER) – London (LHR): Third longest flight on our list is from Perth to London. The distance between the two places is about 9,010 miles. This means travelers will have to spend about 17 hours and some minutes before reaching their destination.
- Auckland (AKL) – Dubai (DXB): Auckland to Dubai covers a distance of about 8,824 miles. This means travelers will be seated for about 17 hours.
- Los Angeles (LAX) – Singapore (SIN): The last on our list covers a distance of about 8,770 miles. Travelers are supposed to spend about 18 hours till they reach their destination.
What To Do During A Long Flight?
Travelers will spend a number of hours before reaching their destination. Sometimes, it could be very boring. However, there are activities which you can do and before you realize you are already home. You can do some of the following
- You can watch long movie series. Make sure you get an interesting one so you don’t feel bored.
- You can also sleep during such a long journey.
- Most flights have access to WiFi which you can connect to enjoy a good time with friends on social media.
- Listening to a music playlist is another sure way of keeping you active during such a long journey.
We hope the tips above will do you some good as you take your flight. Thanks for reading.