Long before social media and the modern way of communication, the best way for friends and lovers to communicate was through writing letters. Those times, the post office was the best place to communicate. Letters were sent to friends sometimes with gifts and others. Today, communication is easy and perhaps you are still searching for friends. In this post, I will guide you to the five best places to find a Pen pal. Ride with me.
- Facebook: Facebook is undoubtedly the most populated social media network today. The main purpose of this service is to connect friends and families. For those seeking pen pals, you can join various Facebook groups and pages. Once you do, you can meet friends who wish to talk to each other through letter writing.
- InterPals: This website is also connecting people who wish to communicate with each other. Apart from writing letters, pen pals are also a great way of learning the language of another country.
- Global Penfriends: This website is also another great way of meeting Pen pals. Over here, there are a lot of users you can choose to send a friend request. Direct messaging, and language exchange is allowed. You can ask for the email of the new friend you have made and send messages across.
- HelloTalk: This platform is also very popular. It supports about 150 languages worldwide and has more than 30 million active users. There are applications for both android and ios phones. There is also an option for desktop users.
- PenpalsNow: The last platform we will be looking at is PenpalsNow. For those seeking pen-pals, this platform is also very good. Just like the others, you can connect with a lot of people, exchange language and write letters to new friends you make.
Types Of Penpals
Just like I said in the beginning, social media has made communication with penpals very easy. With the absence of social media in the old days, letter writing was the perfect mode of communication. Now, with our modern way of life, the following are the ways pen pals talk to each other.
- Letter Writing: This is the old way and post offices were the only place you could get to know what your friend sent.
- Email: Today, there are a lot of such platforms. The popular ones are Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail, etc. It’s free and you can talk for as long as you wish.
- Digital: This is a fast pace communication network like HelloTalk, Whatsapp, Facebook Messenger, Telegram, etc. These platforms provide instant messaging and once you get a reply, a notification is sent to your device. Here, pictures, videos, audio can be shared as quickly as possible. A majority of these modern services provide free calls and videos for their users.
Are you a lover of pen-pals, we hope the tips above will help you locate one. Thanks for reading.