Applications for the Simon Fraser University Scholarships for Canadian and International Students are now being accepted by qualified and outstanding candidates who aspire to enrol in the University’s Undergraduate degree programs.
Scholarships honour exceptional academic performance. Students from Canada and abroad can apply for scholarships.
Financial Aid and Awards will send you a written notification if you are selected for a scholarship.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Simon Fraser University, Canada
Host Institution(s): Simon Fraser University, Canada
Scholarship Worth: Tuition fee
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduates
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
Scholarships for Canadian and International students | DETAILS
Payment of funds might not take place until the middle of the application term due to the large number of applications that are received each term. We advise you to make the necessary preparations.
An SFU entrance scholarship holder is not qualified for any other university-sponsored awards until the entrance scholarship has been paid in full. Any term during which an admission scholarship is postponed is covered by this policy.
In order to qualify for the Simon Fraser University Scholarships for Canadian and International Students, applicants must fulfil the requirements listed below:
- Applicants must be Canadian or International students
- Applicants must have completed at least 12 units of standard graded courses
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 12 units of standard graded courses at SFU in the term of application.
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.50 at SFU
- Challenge, audit and credit-free courses are not considered.
- Enrolment in a Co-op term (3 units) does not satisfy the enrolment requirement as it is not a standard graded course.
- A student with a disability is eligible to apply for scholarships if the student is enrolled in a minimum of 6 or more units of standard graded courses and meets all other eligibility requirements. At the time of application, the student has to provide a letter from SFU’s Centre for Accessible Learning (CAL) confirming that the student is registered with the Centre (CAL).
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants seeking Simon Fraser University Scholarships for Canadian and International students should please follow these steps:
- Check the application period and final deadline at Application Deadlines.
- Review the Summer 2023 Scholarship and Awards List to determine which scholarships/awards you want to apply for.
- Apply online by logging in to the Student Information System (go.sfu.ca).
- Click on “Student Center”.
- Go to Financial Aid and Awards (under Finances).
- Click on “Apply for Scholarships/Awards”.
- List the scholarships/awards you want to apply for on your online application.
- Complete and submit your application.
- Supporting documentation (if any) is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline.
- Set up Direct Deposit (administered through the Student Accounts Office) as soon as possible, to receive any refunds you may be eligible to receive.