Applications for the Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Scholarship Program, which will begin research for the 2023–2024 academic year, are now being accepted by qualified individuals.
The Postdoctoral Research Program offers scientists who have just graduated with a doctorate in a natural sciences discipline the chance to collaborate with research teams or leaders at government research labs and institutions across Canada. New and developing talent also benefits the Canadian government.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of Canada, Canada
Host Institution(s): Government of Canada, Canada
Scholarship Worth: Salary Range b/w $58,563 and $113,877
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
DETAILS | Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Scholarship
For the Postdoctoral Research Program, Natural Resources Canada is looking for recent graduates in the natural sciences to join forces with Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, Environment and Climate Change Canada, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Health Canada, and the Public Health Agency of Canada.
Through their research, federal research scientists contribute to strategic choices, policies, laws, and programs by establishing a solid scientific knowledge base.
Research scientists carry out their job in accordance with departmental mandates in order to achieve the desired results and to conceptualize, define, develop, and start new results in program delivery, fulfilling the department’s future demands.
To be eligible for Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Scholarship, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be domestic or international students
- Applicants must be admitted into PhD degree program.
- Candidates must have obtained a doctoral degree (PhD) within the last three (3) years from a recognized post-secondary institution in a field of natural sciences with a specialization related to the duties of the position.
- Currently enrolled in a doctoral program at a recognized post-secondary institution, however, you must have completed your degree in order to be appointed to a position.
- Experience in planning and conducting research.
- Experience in working with a team of researchers and support staff.
- Experience resulting in a recognized achievement in the form of authorship and editorship of published or unpublished reports, books, papers, peer-reviewed scientific journals, or other communications. This experience must have been acquired through one of the following means:
- Research, experimental development, or tasking associated with operational equipment and problems;
- Operational research and scientific analysis;
- Planning, analysis, and evaluation of Canadian and foreign programs in research and development, or;
- Developmental work leading to the issue of patents, copyrights, or the creation of improved varieties, functions, or designs, and/or recognition by the professional community of the research environment.
How-to-Apply: To be considered for the Postdoctoral Research Scholarship Program offered by the Government of Canada, applicants should endeavour to meet the eligibility criteria before proceeding to submit an application online for the program.