How Can I Come To Canada As A Skilled Worker?

Canada Skilled Worker

One of the things that could make your stay in Canada worthwhile as an immigrant is when you have the skills and requisites to fill the job market.

Therefore, the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) program is for individuals who have been chosen for immigration to Canada due to their qualifications and work experience.

To be eligible to apply, you must:

  • Have a job offer; or
  • Be eligible to work in Canada; or
  • Be able to prove that you have enough money to support yourself and your dependants after you arrive in Canada;

Additionally, you must possess at least a year’s worth of full-time (or comparable) professional work experience; attain minimum proficiency in French or English; possess an advanced-level certificate, diploma, or degree; Consider relocating outside of Quebec.

Read also: Why You Need LMIA As A Foreigner To Work In Canada

What kind of work experience do I need?

Your employment experience must fall under the Canadian National Occupational Classification’s (NOC) Skill Type 0, Skill Level A, or Skill Level B. Your employment experience must be compensated and either full-time or part-time in length.

At least 30 hours a week are considered full-time. You must have had that professional background throughout the previous ten years.

If you have an offer for a permanent position, these restrictions do not apply.

The FSW Point System

You need at least 67 points to be eligible to apply as a FSW. You get different points based on:

  • Your education;
  • Your abilities in English and/or French (Canada’s 2 official languages);
  • Your work experience;
  • Your age;
  • If you have arranged employment in Canada; and
  • Your adaptability.

How do I apply as a FSW?

You can submit your profile to Express Entry if you qualify to apply under the FSW category. For economic immigration categories like the FSW, a new online application process called Express Entry has been implemented.

Read also: Work in Canada: What To Know About Jobs In Canada As an Immigrant

For More Information

  • Federal Skilled Workers – Information on selection criteria and how to apply. From Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
  • Come to Canada – A tool that can help you figure out what your options are if you want to come to Canada as an immigrant, student, worker or visitor. From Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
  • Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) – The federal department responsible for Canadian immigration and citizenship. Its website has information on immigration policy, programs and services, application kits, and more.
  • IRCC Help Centre – A tool that helps answer frequently asked questions on immigration matters. It offers several ways of searching through the information available, including searching by keyword. From Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *